In the virtual KunstBibliothek Köln, KuBi (Cologne Art Library), Cologne libraries have pooled their collections of art, architecture and photography - a successful example of cooperation between the city and the university.
KuBi is a joint initiative of the Kunst- und Museumsbibliothek Köln, KMB (Art and Museum Library Cologne), the Institute of Art History of the University of Cologne and the University and City Library of Cologne.
Literature search in the KuBi search portal: www.kubi-koeln.de
You can search more than 750,000 titles in the KuBi search portal. This extensive collection is unique in Germany and makes the City of Cologne the most important art library location in West Germany. The KuBi Köln thus lays a foundation for scientific cooperation and for future research projects of all participating institutions.
KuBi locations at the university :
- University and City Library of Cologne, Universitätsstr. 33, 50931 Köln
- Institute of Art History, Dept. of General Art History, An St. Laurentius 8, 50931 Cologne, (site plan)
- Institute of Art History, Dept. of Architectural History, Kerpener Str. 30 (entrance Weyertal), 50937 Cologne, (site plan)
There are more than 250,000 art-historical titles at the university locations, in particular to complement the history of architecture.
KuBi locations of the Kunst- und Museumsbibliothek Köln :
- Museum Ludwig, Heinrich-Böll-Platz, Bischofsgartenstraße 1, 50667 Cologne, (site plan)
- Museum of Applied Arts Cologne (MAKK), An der Rechtschule, 50667 Cologne, Germany (site plan)
The Kunst- und Museumsbibliothek Köln (KMB) has one of the largest collections of modern art and photography with over 500,000 volumes plus numerous documentary materials such as newspaper clippings or invitation cards.
KuBi Köln is jointly led by Dr. Hubertus Neuhausen, Director of the University and City Library of Cologne, and Dr. Elke Purpus
The KuBi Köln is accompanied by an administrative advisory board and a top-class external scientific advisory board.